Ly was not helping on thinking what to cook for lutu-lutuan and it gave me a hard time. *Blame it to others, it’s easier. :p*
I saw the Parmesan cheese and I craved for Garlic Parmesan Wings! 😀 I had this on Wingstop few weeks ago. For a change, we did not order one of the spicy flavors. I loved it! 🙂
Usually for chicken wings, the wingtip is removed then the remaining parts will be cut into two – the wingette and the drumette (Googled the name :D).
Half way of cutting the wings, I decided to just use the whole wing. I just cut the end tip of the wingtip and the small tip then rinse it.
Photo from here. I just marked the tips. 🙂
From the recipes I saw, they used garlic powder but we don’t have it. I used minced garlic instead. I’m glad I did. 🙂
I was not able to take pictures during the preparation but this recipe is simple to make.
12 pcs (approx. 1kg) Chicken wings
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp cayenne powder
Cooking oil for frying
1/3 cup (approx. 55g) butter
1 head (10-12 cloves) garlic
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Fried and Baked Chicken
1. Preheat oven at 200°C.
2. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
3. Combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne powder in a bowl.
4. Coat chicken with flour and fry for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is just turning slightly brown. Drain chicken in wire rack.
5. Bake chicken in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked.
Garlic Parmesan sauce
6. Put garlic and butter in a pan. Let the butter melt in low heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the garlic becomes soft and fragrant. Avoid burnt butter and garlic.
7. Remove garlic butter from heat, add cheese and mix well.
8. Toss chicken wings and garlic parmesan sauce in a bowl and mix well making sure the sauce is well distributed on the chicken wings.
Serve hot. 🙂