I’ve been loving my square non-stick griddle pan for the past weeks since we’ve been having toasted sandwiches for our Saturday merienda (mid-afternoon meal or snack).
It started when we watched an episode of a Korean variety show, Night Goblin. The members were tasked to buy toasted cheese sandwich from a popular stall in Busan without being recognized by anyone. It looked delicious… having rolled toasted bread with fried eggs (with vegetables), Cheddar cheese and Mozarella cheese (Cheese is ❤), and so we wanted to have toasted sandwich.
For this sandwich though, we won’t be using Mozarella cheese. We’ll have the similar fried egg (or at least we think), sliced Cheddar cheese and ham. The recipe is good to fill 4 persons. 😀
8 sliced bread
8 sliced cheese
4 cooked sliced ham
4 tbsp butter
4 eggs, beaten
1 pc (approx. 80g) carrot, cut into strips
1/4 (approx. 80g) of small cabbage, shredded
1 1/2 small onion, sliced thinly
2 tbsp cooking oil
220 g mayonnaise
2 1/2 small onions (for mayo sauce), cut into 4
1 tbsp sugar
1. Finely blend onions, mayonnaise and sugar. I used a manual pull and chop food processor, chopping the onion first before blending the mayonnaise and sugar. Set aside.
2. In the griddle pan, saute the carrots, lettuce and onions in low heat until the onions are soft. Spread evenly on the pan.
3. Pour the egg into the pan and make sure that the vegetables are covered. When the eggs start to settle, slightly separate them into 4 square parts. When the bottom part is already cooked, flip it over to cook the other side. Set aside.
Toasted bread and stacking
4. On the same pan, melt 2 tbsp butter and place 4 sliced bread to toast. After toasting one side, turn over the bread and start stacking.
5. (2 toasted slice bread) On each bread, stack 1 of the 4 squares of fried egg, 2 pc sliced cheese, 1 sliced ham.
6. (Other 2 toasted sliced bread) On each bread, spread 1 tbsp mayonnaise sauce.
7. Cover the toasted bread with egg with the toasted egg with mayonnaise sauce. This makes 2 sandwiches.
8. Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 2 more sandwiches.
This is best eaten when hot. 😀