It’s been more than a month since my last post and I could not give any excuse for not having any posts – it’s just got a bit messy at home while we were having our house painted. 🙂
I’m writing this post after making our macaroni salad for our Christmas family gathering later tonight. Honestly, this recipe is anything but special. However, sometimes having something familiar during the gathering is a good thing. As an ordinary Filipino, I’m sure you had this at least once on an occasion.
I haven’t made this macaroni salad for a while but this is so easy to make that I cannot make a mistake on how we used to do it. 🙂 Others put mayonnaise on this recipe but Ly, my sister, is not a fan of it, so we eliminated that.
- 1 kg salad macaroni, cooked based on package instructions
- 3.033 kg-can fruit cocktail, drained
- 4 250-ml pack all-purpose cream
- 2 300-ml can condensed milk
- 165 g cheese, grated
- This is a very simple recipe but how well the macaroni is cooked should be taken care of. After boiling/cooking the macaroni to al dente, wash it with running water to cool it down and stop it from further cooking. Drain and whisk about 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- 2:1 pack ratio of all-purpose cream and condensed milk is always a good combination for us – for buko salad, buko-pandan, etc.
- For 1/2 kg macaroni salad, just use the ingredients half of the size of this recipe. For the fruit cocktail, I think there is a 700-800 g can. You can use 2 of that.
- In large bowl or casserole, mix together all the ingredients well. All ingredients should be mixed evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, preferably overnight.
That’s it! Merry Christmas everyone! 🙂